isobar Hong Kong Limited ("Company")|
Personal Data Statement to Customers ("Statement")
This Statement is to inform the Company's customers of its policies and practices with respect to the collection, use, retention, disclosure, transfer, security and access of personal data in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance Cap. 486 ("Ordinance").
1. From time to time, it is necessary for customers to supply the Company with data in connection with the provision of goods and/or services.
2. Failure to supply such data may result in the Company not being able to provide the goods and/or services.
3. The customer agrees that any personal data with respect to the customer or any other party which has been provided by the customer to the Company ("Personal Data") may be disclosed and transferred to the following persons (whether in Hong Kong or abroad) who may hold, use, process, retain or transfer such Personal Data for the purposes mentioned in paragraph:
i. any agent, contractor, credit provider, financial institution or third party service provider, and their respective professional advisers;
ii. any of the Company's holding companies, their subsidiaries and any company in which the same has a direct or indirect interest or with which it is in joint venture or co-operation or their respective successors and assigns ("Group Companies");
iii. any actual or proposed assignee or transferee of the Company; and
iv. any other person under a duty of confidentiality to the Company;
4. The customer acknowledges and agrees that his/her Personal Data is provided to and retained by the Company for the following purposes and for other purposes as shall be agreed between the customer and the Company or required by law from time to time:
i. the provision of any goods and/or services to the customer;
ii. the marketing of any goods and/or services to the customer and the carrying out of market research;
iii. the processing of any benefits arising out of or in connection with such goods and/or services.
iv. the analysis, verification and/or checking of the customer's credit, credit history and payment;
v. the ensuring of the customer's on-going credit worthiness;
vi. the performance of procedures for comparing Personal Data with other information supplied by the customer to the Company and/or any company within the Group Companies (for whatever purpose) including without limitation, procedures which may be undertaken for the purpose of taking adverse action against the customer, whether such comparison is undertaken by manual or automated means;
vii. the processing of any payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities requested by the customer;
viii. the determination of the amount of debt owed to or by the customer and/or the processing and/or collection of amounts outstanding from the customer and those providing security for the customer's obligations;
ix. the meeting of the requirements to make disclosures under the requirements of any law; and
x. any other purposes relating to the above;
5. If the customer does not wish the Company to use his/her Personal Data for the promotion or marketing of other goods or services from the Company or other selected companies, please e-mail the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Under and in accordance with the Ordinance, the customer has the right to:
i. check whether the Company holds any Personal Data with respect to the customer;
ii. access such of the Personal Data which the Company holds with respect to the customer;
iii. require the Company to correct any Personal Data which is inaccurate; and
iv. ascertain the Company's policies and practices (from time to time) in relation to the Personal Data and to be informed of the kinds of the Personal Data held by the Company.
7. In accordance with the Ordinance, the Company has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request. All request for access to the Personal Data or correction of the Personal Data or information regarding policies and practices and kinds of Personal Data held should be in writing and addressed as follows:
isobar Hong Kong Limited
16/F, 633 King's Road
North Point, Hong Kong
Attn: Personal Data Administrator